Studio dance location and visit
Rytmisk Center Studio
Vesterbrogade 107 E
1620 Copenhagen V
+46 (0) 42 21 41 35
+46 (0) 702 555 117
Photography By Henning Sjøstrøm
About Dance Educational
Choosing the school of your professional dance education is a choice of great importance. Especially as a professional dancer, you have no time to waste, and these years will be the foundation for wherever the dance world will take you. So it is wise to put some effort and time into finding the school that you believe is right for YOU and your goals. There are plenty of schools to choose from, and they are very different, too. If your ambitions are high, it is essential that your school’s ambitions are just as high – or higher – so you feel that you are getting the best possible support. So how do you know that Dance Educational is the right school for YOU?
There are two programs to choose from: the PRE-PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM, which is a 1-year part time education. This is suitable for those with some dance knowledge to intermediate dancers, for those who are thinking to studying dance professionally later on, and dance students who want to prepare for an audition to enter a full time dance program. For those who would like to dance on a daily level without any higher commitment for example, singers, actors, gymnasts, models, etc. who would like to improve their dance skills and become more versatile. There is no audition required; you simply apply by e-mail and by a followed interview. After completion of the pre-professional program, the students will get priority for the spaces at the professional diploma program, in case they wish to proceed their dance studies on a professional level.
For students who are at a higher dance level and wish to enter the professional dance world, the PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAM would be for you. It is a 3-year program which has been intensified into two years, therefore this education is very challenging and requires a high level of commitment. At the same time, you will receive an education of outstanding quality, and you will develop more than you ever have could imagined.Professional diploma program Pre-professional program
Ballet is taught as the foundation for all dance styles and builds the core of the program together with Contemporary Modern Dance, Jazz & Street Dance classes. On top of that, you will have improvisation, composition, drama/composition, anatomy, yoga/Pilates, nutrition, well-being and singing, according to the program you chose as well as the current schedule. The aim is for you to become highly versatile and technically strong, so that you are able to easily learn whatever style of dance you will be required to do in the future. Also, you will receive guidance and career advice to prepare for the professional dance world. Once you enter this program, dance will be a great and important part of your life on a daily basis. Application via application form, audition and personal interview.Classes
Why study at Dance Educational?
- An intense education that requires you towork hard and focusand in return you willdevelop incredibly much.
- A positive, supportive, friendly, secure learning environmentwith respect, open communication and high values.
- A small but international school with the maximum intake of 15 students. You will study in small groups in order to guarantee high quality classes where each student is seen and receives individual feedback and personal attention in every single class.
- No matter the level of your dancing when entering the school, you will improve A LOT. Dance Educational is dedicated to develop each and every student to their maximum potential, so that YOU become the best dancer you possibly can be!
- Both students and teachers come from various backgrounds and various countries which is enriching and fun. The students often become very good friends and feel that the school is their second home.
- All classes are taught in English.
- The school is founded and led by the English choreographer and teacher Val Jean-Charles. He himself has been working as a dancer all around the world for several decades, so he knows exactly what is required in order to make it in the highly competitive dance world. Val runs this school with professionalism, dedication, passion, highest standards and an incredible talent.
- All teachers are carefully selected. They are greatly skilled and experienced both in teaching and as dancers. We almost exclusively work with permanent teachers which guarantee a stable, steady and reliable education.
- The school is located in the centre of Copenhagen, beautifully sited in a historical city by the sea, and with excellent connections to the rest of Europe. It is a rather safe part of the world, yet you will live in a vibrant, colourful city.
- The students will have numerous performances, in order to get vital performing experience, develop their stage presence, get use to different audiences and stage work space.
- Dance Educational offers places even for older students than most other schools, providing they have a suitable background, a good mind-set and realistic goals. The older applicants in particular appreciate the reduced duration of the professional program.
- The school welcomes and promotes diversity. Students are not expected to become all conform, but rather to use their individual strengths, differences, looks and characters to develop into a unique dancer.
- Students will have regular study visits.
- By running the school very economically, the tuition fees are kept at a very affordable level, without compromising the quality of the school, in order for the students to be able to have no debts upon completion of their education. Some students choose to work in the afternoons/evenings, weekends and holidays, and several previous students have applied for and received scholarships from foundations and organisations, and thereby been able to cover their tuition fees partly or completely.
- Regular school holidays which give foreign students the opportunity to travel home.
- All in all, you can expect a journey, a life changing time which is intense, highly developing and will push your limits and abilities to the sky and beyond.
What do you need to start studying at Dance Educational?
- The desire to learn and to grow.
- A positive and humble attitude.
- Love challenges! Each challenge is a possibility and a way for us to get stronger and develop.
- A passion for sharing and giving – be it with the audience, your fellow students etc. This is what dance is about!
We advise you to compare different schools, to find out your priorities and goals, to visit a few schools, watch their performances, read their websites, watch their videos and to ask questions. It is your future, so it is worth a thorough decision. And of course, your application interview and/or audition will also be an excellent opportunity to get in close contact with the staff of the school, and you will be able to get a feeling for the classes, the atmosphere and the entire school. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. We would be delighted to hear from you!